Greetings KSA family, members, and friends,
We hope this email finds you safe and healthy. We have been watching and listening to Governor and the North Carolina Youth Soccer Association leaders as to how best to move forward during these times of uncertainty. We also understand the desire for our players to get out on the pitch and have some fun. We have focused on providing a safe and positive experience by following the recommendations of the State and Local leaders. As we look forward to moving into Stage 3 of Governor Coopers plan we must start looking at what and how this could affect the upcoming fall season. We also have to be aware that this season could end as abruptly as the last or not even get started. KSA has looked at everything we can do to be ready to play soccer if it is deemed safe for the players. Assuming that we move into Stage 3 as expected KSA will follow the schedule of dates below.
Plan to Play:
Based on moving into Stage 3 on August 7th.
Registration Opens August 1st
August 29th- First Saturday Practice
August 31st-September 4th: 1st week of practices
Registration Deadline September 4th
September 5th: Second Saturday Practice
September 12th-13th: Opening Weekend
September 18th-20th: 2nd weekend
September 25th-27th: 3rd weekend
October 2nd-4th: 4th weekend
October 9th-11th: 5th weekend
October 16th-18th: 6th weekend
October 23rd-25th: 7th weekend
October 30th-November 1st: 8th weekend
November 6th-8th & November 13th-15th: Rain-Out Weekends
Due to the condensed timeframe of this Falls Registration We would like everyone to make note the Registration deadline (September 4th). This deadline is put in place to make sure have the best opportunity to place your player on a team prior to the first game of the season. The earlier you are able to register your player the easier it will be to have them placed on a team and ready to go prior to the first practice date. Please know that we do everything we can to get players placed on a team and ready to go before the any season activities begin. KSA thanks you for your help and understanding with this under these unprecedented circumstances.
KSA will follow all recommended safety protocols put forth by NCYSA along with Local, State and Federal governments. The health and safety of our players is first in our minds and we will be sending out some guidelines for both practices and games for players as well as spectators.
Any changes to the dates for moving into Stage 3 will impact the dates mentioned above. If the dates move there will be an analysis of the impact on the season and conveyance of the impact and changes to our membership within one week of the date changes.
In an effort to reduce cost for players and their families, KSA will be recommending that players either wear their uniforms from last year or wear a pair of black shorts and have either a White or Red shirt depending if you are home or away. Home and away colors will be indicated on the schedule. The cost of the uniforms will be deducted from the normal cost of registration fees. KSA will also only be registering for the Fall season only.
The cost breakdown for the different age groups will be as follows:
Little Kicker: $58
Payment for the Fall season will be paid directly to KSA via check only and will be due prior to the first game.
Notification of changes and/or Cancellation of the season will be communicated out to the membership as soon as KSA makes a decision. Any decision to cancel the season will be at the recommendation of state or local governing bodies or NCYSA. If playdate changes make the season unplayable or if it is recommended to cancel the season refunds will be given based on the following proration less a $15 administrative fee.
Prior to week 1 - 100%
Prior to week 3 – 75%
Prior to Week 5 – 50%
Prior to week 7 – 25%